2018 Grande Parade Rules and Application
Harbor Days 2018 Grande Parade Rules & Information
Date of Parade: Saturday, August 4th, 2018
Start time: 12:00 noon
Formation: Between 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
1. Please decorate and design your entry with a fun theme in mind.
2. All Entries are required to move at a walking pace throughout the parade. Entries which include acts must be able to perform the act safely while the parade moves continuously down the route. Entries will not be permitted to start and stop along the parade route in order to perform their act.
3. Entries may pass out handouts and/or candy provided any handout is place into the hands of recipients rather than thrown by persons riding in, or walking alongside the entry. This rule must be strictly adhered to in order to prevent children (or adults) from running into the street to retrieve candy—thereby possibly causing injury to themselves or others. Violators may be excluded from participating in future years.
4. Live animal units must provide their own clean-up personnel. Clean-up personnel must travel with unit and clean-up must take place immediately for safety reasons.
5. Awards will be given in the following categories: Best use of Color, Most Creative, Most Entertaining, and Best Representation of your Business, Club or Group entry Theme.
6. Elk Rapids Harbor Days reserves the right to reject any entry that is not in “good taste” or is deemed not in the “best interest” of the Festival.
7. Parade applications will be processed upon receipt and should be submitted no later than Friday July 20st. On approximately July 30th we will send a confirmation notice which will include the check-in procedure, line-up number and check-in location. Please be sure to provide your e-mail and cell phone numbers when submitting your application.
8. We suggest that all entries remember to pack sunscreen and water for those participating in the parade.
9. On parade morning, it will not be possible to drop off walkers or riders on South Bayshore Drive. The parade route is available on our website elkrapidsharbordays.org. Participants should review the route to determine where their riders and walkers may be conveniently dropped off.
ENTRIES MAY HANDOUT ITEMS TO SPECTATORS PROVIDED THEY ARE HAND DELIVERED AND NOT THROWN FROM VEHICLES OR BY PERSONS WALKING ALONGSIDE AN ENTRY.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF OUR ENTRY IN THE ELK RAPIDS HARBOR DAYS
PARADE, WE HEREBY RELEASE THE ELK RAPIDS HARBOR DAYS ASSOCIATION AND THE VILLAGE OF ELK RAPIDS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY
FOR ANY AND ALL INJURIES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OUR PARTICIPATION IN
THE AFOREMENTIONED EVENT.